For a second time, the US Supreme Court has declined President Donald Trump’s bid to overturn a federal civil jury verdict that found him liable for sexually abusing and defaming writer E Jean Carroll. In June, the top court had already denied a prior attempt by Trump to review the civil case. The president has
President Donald Trump’s administration on Friday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to allow the White House to continue construction on its $400 million ballroom project while it appeals a lower court’s order to halt the work. Trump’s solicitor general petitioned the high court to suspend last week’s decision by a three-judge panel from the U.S. Court of
US President Donald Trump has asked the Supreme Court to allow him to continue building a $400m (£295m) ballroom at the White House without congressional permission. The emergency application comes one week after an appeals court ordered construction to stop until Congress approves, upholding a ruling won by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, which
The Trump administration is moving ahead with its efforts to fire Federal Reserve governor Lisa Cook, two months after the Supreme Court allowed her to retain her job while she fights the president’s effort to terminate her over mortgage fraud allegations that she has denied. The justices in a 5-4 decision in June said Cook, who was
President Trump has asserted that the new ballroom is needed to “accommodate people for grand parties, State Visits”, and has also said that it is “vital for National Security”. The ballroom building would consist of the large entertaining space above ground and also a security complex below ground. Trump doubled down on the need for
Traffic jams dominate headlines and social media, pushing authorities to keep vehicles moving. In Delhi, many mid-block crossings have been replaced by U-turns to reduce stoppages, forcing pedestrians onto foot overbridges. “People don’t just need to walk along a road,” says Goel. “They need to be able to cross it safely too.” The result is